Time and Place: This two-day event will be held on 4-5 May in Amasya, Turkey.
- This workshop aims to provide a platform for researchers to learn (more) about Corpus Linguistics and to contribute to the growing area of research that employs corpus linguistic methods in language learning and teaching. So, anyone interested in learning and using corpus linguistics methods and tools in the research is welcome.
- It is a golden opportunity to discuss the various recent applications of corpus linguistics methods.
- It would provide an excellent opportunity to get hands-on-training of corpus tools, their usage and features from experts.
We invite researchers from universities in Turkey (with a PhD degree) who want to learn more about the versatile methodology for language analysis that is corpus linguistics to attend! While the event is free, registration in advance is required, as places are limited.
- The event is a mixture of lectures/talks and lab-based practical sessions with interspersed question periods and breaks.
- The language of the workshop is English.
Workshop Organizer and Program Committee:
- The event is organized by Ass. Prof. Dr. Betül Bal-Gezegin who works at Amasya University in Turkey.
- The workshop will run by CASS members; Andrew Hardie, Abigail Hawtin, Gillian Smith, and Andressa Rodrigues Gomide.
The two-day workshop will be in Amasya, Turkey, organised jointly with the University of Lancaster and Amasya University. It is funded by TÜBİTAK, the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey.